In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- An ioniser works by circulating air and trapping airborne particulates such as diesel exhaust fumes, tobacco smoke and dust on an electrostatically charged ring.
- In some cases, the ionizers were used in combination with portable air filters, instead of the botanical extract.
- The third electrode may also be used to switch the mode of operation of the discharge source from a gas phase ionizer to an electrospray ionizer.
- The ionizer for the main reactor was torn to shreds.
- The cylindrical, polished glass cuvette (outer diameter of 10 mm) was run under an ionizer to minimize unwanted light scatter and static charge before each experiment.
- The unit also contains an revolutionary infrared filter which is seen as the biggest advance in the construction of electronic water ionizers in years.
- A special brush is supplied with the monitor to clean the ionizer as its gets dusty with use.
- Some personal ionizers run on batteries and hang around your neck.
- But ionizers don't work any better than high-efficiency particulate air filters or electrostatic filters in removing allergens from the air.
- During the second half of the trial, the ionisers were switched on, with impressive results which led to a dramatic fall in certain types of infection.
- And I won't venture a guess as to how many customers will be as thrilled about the integrated air ionizer as to prefer this model to others…
- Many of the harm reduction strategies used by the parents, such as opening windows when smoking and using fans and ionisers, were ineffective.
- During operation of the electrical ionizer, the output voltage value of the ion balance sensor is compared with the set point voltage value.
- This system helps to prolong the life of the ionizer.
- According to the company's president, the bulb uses no toxic chemicals, is more cost-effective than HEPA filters and air ionizers, which only trap airborne particles.
- The supercharged ionizer / dust collection system appears able to do the job.
- Bailey W. Mitchell, an agricultural engineer, developed the ionizer system, in cooperation with veterinarian Henry D. Stone.
- The family never suffers from hay fever or allergies because ionisers monitor online pollen reports and keep the air dust-free.
- The software allows for complete head control with mass scale tuning, sensitivity calibration, and ionizer setup.
- These were alpha particles, which were powerful ionizers but easily absorbed, and beta particles, which were less effective but far more penetrating.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.