In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Men getting glammed up and lip-synching to bad pop music just has an almost irresistible ironic appeal.
- Benigni's comic persona has proved as irresistible to Americans as to Italians.
- He is not the first to find the temptation irresistible.
- A woman's rampant desires and irresistible attractiveness give her a power over men that even rivals God's.
- Eyes round as saucers, he didn't even pretend to look away - he found the view too irresistible.
- "It must be my irresistible charm, " I muttered to myself amusingly.
- I will teach you to become the most graceful, flattering, attractive, irresistible lady at court.
- Second, I hoped that it would make me fascinating and irresistible to girls.
- They offer an apparently irresistible temptation to the bureaucrats and accountants who have become gatekeepers to our dreams.
- Affordability, combined with accessibility, makes this market almost irresistible to those who discover it.
- And with 1.75 % short-term borrowing costs, high-yielding consumer receivables are simply irresistible.
- Zoek smiled his big happy grin that was simply irresistible to me.
- Of course, the appetizer challenge is just one of numerous tastings that make the festival so irresistible.
- No wonder Charlie finds him irresistible, though that attraction is something the film refuses to explore.
- She wondered at what exactly women found so irresistible about the man beside her.
- What was it about Mike that made him so irresistible to Emily?
- Despite this, circuses have a timeless appeal and are irresistible to some.
- The Boca Beach Club presents the irresistible lure of staying and playing on the Atlantic seashore.
- Surely no one could look so damned irresistible after the day she'd had.
- Why did he have to be so darn irresistible?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.