In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cola de pescado femenino
- The animal kingdom was represented by gelatin in the form of meat stock; isinglass; and hartshorn.
- Antonin poured the thickening isinglass alternately into the fruit juice and the almond milk.
- There is no evidence that isinglass is detrimental to health.
- Sometimes the wood surface was prepared with a coating of gesso or isinglass diluted in water with a little white pigment added.
- Guinness uses isinglass, a form of gelatine made from fish bladders, in the production process to make the stout clearer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.