In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Under the peace pact, known as the Marcoussis accord, that article was to be amended to allow for either parent to be Ivorian born.
- It's estimated 26 percent of Ivorian residents are of immigrant origin.
- The system of lagoons gives Ivorian commuters an alternative to overcrowded city buses.
- Bakayoko accused the dissidents of plotting further attacks in other northern Ivorian cities.
- Cowan says the high prices have so far been good for Ivorian farmers, despite the problems brought about by the fighting.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.