In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1conserje masculinoportero masculino
- Fitzgerald himself worked as a janitor and doorman to help pay for college and Harvard Law School.
- That was the toughest time in my life, when I was living with a family and we had to get a job together, so the entire family were janitors and security guards.
- They took jobs with low pay and little advancement potential, working as busboys, waiters, gardeners, janitors, and domestic help in cities.
- The New York contract, covering 33,000 janitors, doormen, elevator operators and other maintenance workers, expires on April 21.
- Out of the corners come the shadowy shapes of the janitors, to sweep the pamphlets, trinkets, and candy wrappers from the floors and tables of the rapidly emptying room.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.