In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1para quedarse con la boca abierta coloquialalucinante España coloquialabismante Andes
- Afterwards, all three put on a jaw-dropping a cappella gospel medley that left everyone's spine tingling with pleasure.
- You may never usually watch such lowculture television but, trust me, the twisted ending they've dreamed up is jaw-dropping.
- Perahia's never found wanting technically, and there are some jaw-dropping displays of speed and power
- Visiting India, as an eight year old was one of the most jaw-dropping and exhilarating experiences I have ever had.
- Sentimentality, blazing country, bluegrass and jaw-dropping performance make this an essential album.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.