In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fear of rivalry)celos masculino
- Sometimes Sara looks at Sarah's school friends and feels a pang of jealousy, of anger.
- But anyone who has experienced intense jealousy is well aware of its power and potential destructiveness.
- I try to tell her it's alright, that whatever shred of jealousy I had had disappeared long back.
- It deals with envy and jealousy and how these emotions cause so much unnecessary suffering in our lives.
- Could it not be the case that my anger was also mingled with feelings of jealousy, rivalry or envy?
- There is intense sibling jealousy and she feels she is not loved as much as the youngest child.
- Jealousy comes about because of the insecurity of the jealous person and the jealousy may or may not have foundation.
- She too believes that many of the attacks against Wark are motivated by professional jealousy.
- The evil eye in Bedouin folk belief is tied to the fear of envy and jealousy in the eye of the beholder.
- Distrust naturally creates distrust, and by nothing is good-will and kind conduct more speedily changed than by invidious jealousies and uncandid imputations, whether expressed or implied.
- The father symbolizes attractive power and a potentially hazardous male-female relationship is formed, with predictable jealousies and envy as the mother completes the triangle.
- When he begins a love affair with Steven, jealousy takes hold and leads to unexpected violence.
- Learn to accept jealousy as a normal but exaggerated response to a stressful, emotionally charged change in your life.
- There is enough scope for envy and healthy competition, but not hatred and jealousy.
- As much as she tried to ignore the small-minded jealousy that surrounded her, it upset her a great deal.
- I know people link our sort of vandalism to boredom and jealousy but what we're really trying to do is get a reaction.
- Every unshared moment of delight becomes the occasion for fear, envy, and jealousy.
- I wonder if their fear is really jealousy and resentment at the initiative of today's generation.
- Her fiancé worked himself into a passion of jealousy, pulling his hair and shaking his fists.
- However, there's no point wasting precious time and effort on petty jealousy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.