In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1testigo de Jehová femenino
- Ever wondered how it is that religious groups such as Christian Science and the Jehovah's Witnesses object to medical science and the practice of performing autopsies?
- In previous decades untold numbers of Jehovah's Witnesses loyally supported the bans on vaccines and organ transplants.
- Several fundamentalist Christian churches such as the Jehovah's Witnesses condemn military service.
- Muchacho believes Latinos, especially recently arrived immigrants, are more open to becoming Jehovah's Witnesses because they have a strong faith.
- The medical community generally knows that Jehovah's Witnesses refuse blood transfusions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.