In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1brazo de gitano masculinobrazo de reina masculino Andes(dulce) arrollado masculino Río de la Plata
- The finished product is cut width-wise like a jelly roll, then presented on a bed of spinach.
- Using the bottom wax paper, roll the dough into a jelly roll style, halfway.
- Then roll the dough lengthwise like a jelly roll, being careful not to rip the dough.
- Put two tablespoons of butter on a jelly roll pan, and stick in the oven until melted.
- Roll the dough tightly around the marzipan to form a long jelly roll and pinch the seams to enclose.
- If you're using the oven, you may want to transfer the chicken to a foil-lined jelly roll pan so that you can use the skillet to make a pan sauce.
- He had a jelly roll nose, a fat, puffy face, and a gold eye.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.