In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(sports shirt)camiseta femenino
- I must have looked strange to them, dressed as I was in a football jersey and torn jeans, Converse All-Stars on my feet.
- Although Dad is taking neither a Wallabies jersey or footy jumper to wear at the game.
- Do they simply add them to their jersey pockets or do they attach them to their bodies under their jerseys?
- The coffin was draped with the Kilkenny jersey and the Galmoy jersey.
- For sportswear firms the replica jersey market is a huge earner.
- The referee didn't allow them to play as both the jerseys looked alike under yellow light.
- Mark Rice was consistently weaving through the purple jerseys and supplied St. Paul's with plenty of ammunition.
- He was wondering why no one had noticed that he liked to wear long sleeves under his jersey.
- He pulled on the jeans and the jersey, and then grabbed his red baseball cap from where it was sitting, on his stereo.
- I was merely commenting how superior the Assos jersey seemed, compared to the other jerseys in my burgeoning collection.
- She didn't look up, but saw it was a guy wearing a hockey jersey and tracksuit pants was the offender.
- The new jerseys were the blue and white striped jersey, the colours that the teams still play in.
- If you're on a team, and required to wear identical jerseys, don't neglect to bring matching jerseys.
- A dress code had been in operation at the pub for eight years banning tracksuits, runners and football jerseys specifically.
- The other is for touch football jerseys, which give an authentic athletic look, but are a good cut for streetwear.
- Suede also proved that urban fashion isn't always about baggy jeans, jerseys and Snoop Dogg.
- Itto was in one of his red football jerseys and jeans, he was lounged out on the couch watching cartoons.
- A skinny white thug in a Lakers jersey lunged in my direction with a purpose.
- Rock had worn his new jersey and he'd bought himself a new Red Sox hat, offering to buy Ally one too.
- The reason why Limerick's squad was so depleted was due to a growing injury list and they simply hadn't the bodies to fill the subs jerseys.
1.2(fabric)jersey masculinotejido de punto masculinoa wool jersey dress — un vestido de punto de lana España
- She settles on insulated booties, oversize pedals, and a clear slicker, which she slips over her jersey.
- Not wanting to miss out, I pick an item at random - a nice red dress made of classic jersey, or possibly cashmere - and clap vigorously.
- I then tramped downstairs, still in my hockey jersey, my jeans and my Converse.
- Stretch shiny silk satin, light stretch silk twill, jersey, nylon taffeta, and leather dominate the collection.
- The top, though long enough to cover the waist of the pants, was of jersey material, which meant a constant pulling down.
- If it is not that cold, a jersey dress made of soft warm jersey would be wonderful, over your wool stockings and under your warm coat.
- By 6 pm, the Coast Guard team arrived with Charles' body, which was clad in a red jersey and black trousers.
- The Harmattan, the seasonal desert wind, blew constantly, a sharp chill keeping us in long trousers and jerseys even by day.
- Virtually all the customers are men in grey wool jerseys; most have red suspenders.
- I've resorted to thermal underwear, several layers of jerseys, winter stockings and a polar fleece jacket.
- One man was dressed in a grey jersey, three-quarter jeans and carried a shotgun.
- The man also wore a mustard coloured jersey or cardigan, a white shirt with thin, dark vertical lines and a fourteen and a half collar.
- Jessica had pulled her jeans on over top of her pajama pants, and wore a baggy jersey, all of which was dripping.
- She wore denim jeans, a sky blue cotton jersey with navy blue sleeves, and a beaded necklace.
- Fabrics offer luxurious style in rich velvets, sheer chiffon, shiny satin and slinky jerseys.
- Jeneane from Calgary made the latest pattern from Loes Hinse in red cotton Lycra jersey.
- She's very realistic, she's got real hair and she's wearing a little pinafore and a jersey and so she's a very normal little girl.
- The jersey fabric flatters and leaves you room to move, thanks to a small dose of Lycra.
- I answered, clutching at the hem of my oversized jersey as a cold draft blew around my exposed legs.
- Glove-fit suede, plonge lamb and leopard combined with crepe, jersey and silk chiffon were also introduced.
- Trouser suits and jersey knit tops are key items in what she calls her seasonal capsule wardrobe of significant items.
- On top of their sweaters the students pulled on coloured checkered jerseys.
- There is a pale colour printed viscose jersey T-shirt dress that is very easy to wear.
- Underneath I wore either a short sleeve or long sleeve jersey while cycling or a turtle neck shirt during leisure wear.
- Plain suiting and tweed is teamed with slick, shiny leather and fine jersey tops.
- The fabrics for spring are satin, jersey, chiffon and lace, turning up in every category from street wear to evening wear.
- The fabrics are understated, using simple knits, jersey cotton and moleskins.
- I brought a range of things from dresses to mini skirts to tank tops to trousers and jerseys.
- The tanned, trim body was wearing a blue-and-white striped jersey with the sleeves pushed up and gabardine pants.
- I love working with jersey fabrics because it's easy to wear and comfortably drapes over a women's frame.
- Cotton flannel or jersey sheets are another healthy option because they're not treated with chemicals.
- North-eastern Division police, who were then alerted, said the body was clad in a brown jersey and black short pants.
- He tugged a woolen jersey from his pack and pulled it on.
- When I moved my trade show uniform from an ottoman rib to a jersey knit, he adjusted the tape to make the new shirts look better than the old ones.
- Knit fabrics are available in a wide variety of styles and textures - from sporty to elegant, jersey to velour.
- Tops work both day and night whether you chose fine zig zag knits or super smooth jersey.
- I wiped the smile right off her face, she says, like she used to wipe her school slate clean with a bit of spit and an unwinding jersey sleeve.
2.1Jersey(la isla de) Jersey
raza de ganado vacuno Jersey
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.