In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alhajas femeninojoyas femeninoa piece of jewelry — una alhaja / joya
- Some are encrusted with costume jewelry, evoking the roughly bejeweled icons of Byzantium.
- There's no need to buy expensive branded jewelry from Tiffany unless you are making an investment.
- I learned to make silver jewelry as a hobby and then a minor profession.
- Items of fine jewelry are priced from 2,400 baht and up.
- European makeup and costume jewelry, too, are replacing traditional cosmetics and ornaments.
- For two months she learned how to make silver jewelry, selling some of her pieces through the store.
- Also, South Beach shops off of Collins have some beautiful handmade jewelry.
- Patients requiring preoperative magnetic resonance imaging must remove body jewelry.
- Bronze enabled people to make better tools and weapons, as well as make beautiful jewelry and sculpture.
- Performance means not wearing jewelry of any kind.
- The foreigner had tried to steal expensive diamond jewelry at knifepoint from a service girl.
- Are you buying expensive jewelry for your wife for Christmas?
- Max, a goldsmith and engraver, established a company that manufactured costume jewelry.
- She also requested you wear your gold jewelry, even though it is uncomfortable.
- He wears real gold jewelry and drives a BMW.
- In India and Asia, the purchase of silver jewelry is not for show but as investment.
- He tells him of the jewelry store heist idea and Vogel immediately wants in.
- Once I opened the box I see a small black velvet jewelry box.
- She then took out her red velvet jewelry box, which contained three rings.
- Her fingers started to peel off the wrapper, unveiling a dark blue velvet jewelry box.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.