In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Is there a relationship between the two subjects of your books: media/pop culture and American Jewry?
- The Jewry Wall is the second largest piece of surviving Roman building in this country.
- She joined a group called Congressional Wives for Soviet Jewry.
- He laid out his views on Aryan purity, world Jewry and international communism.
- The present estimate is that the Khazar Jews are the ancestors of 90% of today's world Jewry.
- Grenada and Cordoba were home to the Golden Age of Spanish Jewry under Muslim rule.
- Do they speak, do you think, for the mainstream of Israeli Jewry?
- One of the most interesting revelations of the study is that American Jewry seems to be moving in two different directions simultaneously.
- During the 1930s it is his job to enforce the immigration controls on European Jewry.
- It is in exerting these very influences that Jewry convinces itself that it is fulfilling its ‘mission’ to the world.
- Moreover, the nation-states of the Enlightenment were considered more insidiously dangerous to Jewry than the nation-states of reaction.
- Particularly instructive in this regard is the case of Soviet Jewry.
- One of his main tasks was to act as a link between American Jewry and British policy in Palestine (which Berlin abhorred).
- The sorts of divisions and debates that characterize North American Jewry in most cases bypass the tip of Africa.
- He also found a website dedicated to ‘Babylonian Jewry.’
- His aim was for the nation of Eastern European Jewry to survive and continue.
- Only in the years since the Soviet Union broke up has the destruction of European Jewry won widespread acknowledgment in Russia.
- To me, this means that I understood pretty much what the rest of American Jewry understands about this religion, and very little about its essence.
- It's as if all of American Jewry, in its multifaceted glory, had been hijacked by the Likud.
- Continuous parallels are drawn, for example, between modern asylum-seekers and 1930s German Jewry.
(area of town)judería femenino
- Here is one eyewitness account of an attack on the Jewry of Mainz in May of 1096.
- In the fifteenth century, urban Jewries continued to exist, and saw, during the reign of King René, a last period of relative tolerance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.