In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
2Tecnologíaplantilla de guía femenino
1they were jigging around to the music — brincaban al son de la música
- the vibration made it jig up and down — se sacudía con la vibración
- The Miltech shop is a jumble of jigs, tools and fixtures, each dedicated to a specific task, such as an original M1 barrel vise.
- Former employee Matthew Hall, of Idle, worked at Jowetts from 1937 to 1944, as a jig and tool designer.
- Welding jigs should be eliminated where possible to eliminate slow and expensive tooling changes.
- All specimens were prepared for mechanical testing by being potted in a custom jig and fixed in a vise.
- In the past, heavy, complicated jigs clamped panels and essentially surrounded the vehicle frame as it was welded together.
- Drill dowel holes according to the plans, using a dowel jig or a horizontal boring machine.
- Make sure the dowel holes are aligned by using a dowel jig or a horizontal boring tool (if available).
- To dowel the top prepare to drill the dowel holes using a horizontal boring tool or a doweling jig and centers.
- These sutures were then attached to a load cell mounted on a tensioning jig.
- But using the boot as a jig is really what gives you the read.
- Insert one or more boards into a jig that guides your saw.
- We have bent a number of bows using a steam box and a jig with a block and tackle and pulleys to bend them around a form.
- The equipment, worth around R30000, includes two table saws, two belt sanders, a jig saw and a lathe.
- The array of bits, jigs, edge guides, and other accessories is as varied and versatile as the basic router itself.
- Individual pieces will be hand placed on the jigs for automated welding.
- Welding costs, for instance, were cut in half by adopting ‘flexible’ welding jigs and general-use pallets.
- However, in 2005 the plan calls for production of entirely new-build Vipers for which the company will have to build jigs and tools.
- These special tools, called jigs and fixtures, make jobs easier and allow the gunsmith to turn out quality work, fast and efficiently.
- No longer do you need an array of tools such as a drill, a mortising jig for hinges, strikes, and bolt plate.
- The French Hawks would be built with airframe jigs and tools purchased by the French.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.