In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1desempleadosin trabajoen paro Españacesante Chile
- Germany's comparatively high jobless figure is also a reflection of the way the country compiles its data.
- Well over 10 million people were jobless in the face of savage inflation.
- And as anyone who has found herself jobless knows, it was a rough landing.
- She also noted that as a result of restructuring and retrenchments, a lot of people had been left jobless.
- A similar result was recorded in Tasmania, where the jobless rate rose to 8.5 per cent.
- The advent of safety razors has rendered local barbers jobless.
- Also, workers laid off from part-time jobs should be eligible for jobless benefits.
- In the last 13 years, 13 prominent units have closed down, rendering 10,000 people jobless.
- Millions in the armed services found themselves jobless between 1955 and 1960.
- The weekly jobless claims this week came in lower than expected.
- The jobless figures indicate that the current economic upturn has a quite peculiar character.
- Russell intends to leave him jobless for a while.
- Being jobless, I used to attend all the meetings of the Cultural conference.
- The truth is that Europeans like early retirement, high jobless benefits and long vacations.
- According to the Labor Department, 8,594,000 workers are officially jobless.
- And while we see our economy recovering slowly, it's a jobless recovery.
- Her second daughter was also infected but recovered and has been jobless ever since.
- Miami, Florida, with a 7.4 percent jobless rate, had the second highest in the nation.
- Live registers figures for March show that there are now over 1000 people jobless in Listowel.
- She was left jobless, with a child to take care of.
1the jobless — los desempleados / desocupados
- before noun the jobless total — el número total de desempleados
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.