In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(disc jockey)disjockey masculinopinchadiscos femenino España coloquial
- Are all radio jocks born with that annoying radio jock voice?
- The blond and the jock were still finishing up their witty repartee while frantic techno music rattled on in the background.
- How many times have you listened to a sports presenter/commentator/jock - especially a jock - assert this?
- Dashboard Confessional took the stage to a lot of high-pitched screaming and proceeded to impress even the most ardent of jocks with their acoustic-meets-emo stylings.
- Sports talk-radio jocks hammered at the stars for betraying the public trust.
- He did that with more style, grace, brilliance and dominance than anyone I saw in more than four decades of talking to people in jocks.
- I put on my socks, the jock, the shorts, and then the jersey, followed by sweatbands on my left arm and an elbow pad on my right arm.
- He knew when Sampson was likely to shoot, when he was likely to pass, and when he was likely to adjust his jock.
- Bobby Butler, one of the cornerbacks you chose for Atlanta's team, couldn't carry his jock.
- If Cadillac had gotten that handoff, he probably would have scored, but he would have left Allen without another piece of equipment - his jock.
- Cutler is no stranger to the brutality of the gridiron, having strapped on a jock and shoulder pads during his salad days as a high-school football player.
- He faked Penny out of his jock, drove baseline and threw down a two-handed dunk.
- When a man dancing in a jock is the prize, that makes you want to prove that there are limits to what a team can do.
- He'll put Icy Hot in your jock and anything else.
- Drafting without Joel was like the ballpark without beer, jocks without straps and Kansas without Todo.
- They're either putting itchy cream in your jock or Vaseline in your helmet or baby powder inside your clothes.
- Young amateurs like the shorts, too, even though they cost about twice as much as jocks.
- They also more frequently used hip checks to dislodge rushers from their jocks.
2EEUU(athlete, sportsman)deportista masculino
- It is pure snobbery to loom at athletes as ‘dumb jocks.’
- ‘Many people considered athletes dumb jocks, and I wanted to break loose from that barrier,’ he recalls.
- You can just hear him, a couple years from now: ‘All jocks think about is sports.’
- That's right, my brother is not only a jock, he's a smart jock.
- I spent that entire summer at a fat camp where I lost 75 pounds and became an athletic jock.
- So you end up in a study group with a bunch of jocks and your erstwhile friend says, ‘I hate jocks now.’
- Each jock was questioned about what he had done just previous to riding the race.
- ‘This frat is mostly joined by jocks,’ Tara announced, sounding like a tour guide.
- There were cheerleaders, football players, other jocks, other girls who looked like they could be cheerleaders.
- Yet in some high schools, Straight Edgers have as much of a presence as say, the jocks or the Goth kids.
- ‘Yes I don't want them thinking I am in anyway like those shallow minded jocks and jock goddesses’.
- Directly in front of me, a round lunch table was surrounded by a group of guys, all either athletes and jocks, or just popular boys.
- They don't move, they speak like they're afraid to be up there, and the audience is all jocks waiting to see cute chicks.
- The movie spec suggests macho, testosterone-soaked fare that will appeal only to sports jocks.
- He was yanked into an all guy group of basketball jocks and football jocks.
- Jocks don't necessarily just hang out with jocks.
- Jocks were jocks, after all, and the bigger they were, the more invincible they acted.
- Several of the other jocks in the room snickered, apparently finding his question most hilarious.
- The fraternity brothers were all football jocks and basketball stars.
- 80s movies aside, the truth is that when jocks and nerds collide the jocks pretty much almost always win.
1femenino pilotomasculino astronauta
- In their other lives, some are commercial pilots, ex-military jocks, suits with office jobs.
- And keep in mind, these are Air Force fighter jocks - some of the most respected, and feared, military officers in the world.
- Curiously, Will argues in favor of making pilots - even Air Force fighter jocks - wear bow ties.
- Fighter jocks are what the Air Force is all about.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.