In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Pepean average joe — un hombre cualquiera
- Joe Bloggs / (British) Blow — Perico el de los palotes
- So Steve sends me the review tape of the movie and I get to watch it before the rest of you workaday joes.
- So the system is weighted in favor of the habitual offender who knows the intricacies of the law better than the average joe.
- There were serious mountain bikers and some very fancy machines and plenty of average joes and joannes on their deadly treadlies.
- However, one conclusion you can draw is that the average joe is actually more level headed than most of the experts who run the country.
- So I got a job in a factory, making some money, saving, being a regular joe again.
- Either way, the average joe looking to be entertained is reamed.
- This looks like it will be the last of the Average Joe shows, because the girl has picked the hot guy and not the average joe both times now.
- You're quick to write something that the rest of the world doesn't accept as poetry, quick to separate yourself from the average joe.
- In my case and for most average joes, these occasions can be counted on one hand.
- There was an act to match every taste, and even sober joes like myself could enjoy smoothies, fruit juices, chais and coffees.
- The average joe watching Channel 9 would think the whole thing involved a bunch of misguided dreadlocked hippies trying to tear down fences.
- Of course if just the ordinary joe wants to buy my script well, that's ok too.
- The average joe in the street doesn't know your name, Posy, but you are getting noticed by the people that matter.
- Hard to imagine an average joe worrying about retirement.
- He travels the circuit, pretending to be an ordinary joe, and then cleans up on bets and prizes because he has a great rock-and-roll voice.
- If it weren't for the in-game cinematic sequences, I probably wouldn't have cared what the average joe thought about Novistrana.
- I like to think I'm smart enough to see this all in perspective more than the average joe at least.
- I should start this review with a disclaimer: this case is not for your average joe.
- Spider-Man was an everyman, a character whose secret identity, Peter Parker, was your average joe.
- And in this day of reality television, where the average joe is king, the pressure to look like royalty is felt by all of us.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.