In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sacudirdon't joggle me when I'm writing — no me muevas cuando estoy escribiendo
- The men onboard tried hopelessly to shoot at the two girls, but their joggled aim got them no good results.
- He starts up running again, counting his pocket change, wipes his goggles as they joggle up and down his face.
- Interlocks and circuitry are provided to effect safe automatic sequencing of the joggling machine.
- This should reduce the distortion if it gets joggled.
- And with that he stalked off, leaving his friend to rush after him, school bag joggling backwards and forwards on his back.
- If the weather gets too bad he joggles in place or does a figure eight in his basement.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.