In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The biggest frustration for journalists at the magazine is their lack of access to the story.
- He was a journalist of the old school, a reporter who once he got his teeth into a story wouldn't let go.
- It's not entirely true that newspaper journalists are paid to get their facts right.
- The journalists may have written the stories, but there is still the matter of how they got them.
- It is as important to the article as the first sentence is to the tabloid journalist.
- For what it's worth, I did hear an interesting point from a journalist on the radio.
- A journalist despatched to write on the lifestyle of the recruit had little to work with.
- He also devoted time to the personal toll war reporting takes on journalists and cameramen.
- With hindsight it was a massive challenge for which there was no preparation as a journalist.
- Scottish football journalists continue to write about the success of last season.
- As well as a musician and poet he is a journalist, broadcaster and commentator.
- Every time it rang it seemed to be news of more journalists killed and injured.
- The idea was to give journalists, editors and publishers a chance to ask questions.
- Our guidelines on conflicts of interest cover what our journalists are allowed to write.
- I think the problem is that most journalists assume that bloggers want to be journalists.
- If you weren't a journalist and cookery writer, what would you have liked to have been?
- Not being able to get to the story is making journalists at Sky News tear their hair out.
- Since then, he has worked as a science journalist in broadcasting, print and online.
- The reason Ken and many others feel moved to write to newspapers and journalists is that they care.
- We can only put this down to fanciful musings by journalists on a slow news day.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.