In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1judo masculino(club/class) (before noun) de judojudo expert — judoka femenino
- Ask some people why they do judo or kendo and you will get some who will answer that they train to be able to win a fight.
- This is possible only because judo is a sport; in reality such a thing would not occur.
- Chris gained his black belt in both karate and judo almost 25 years ago.
- I was narrow-minded in the beginning and used to regard judo as the only martial art.
- What most people don't know, is that he did sumo before he ever did judo or karate.
- His study of judo is to approach it as a martial art, that can be practiced as a sport.
- Try gym, dance, judo or other martial arts, horse riding, skating and more.
- At the time Lisa had no idea what judo was, but thought Aaron sounded cute and decided to give it a try.
- Most of them were already quite strong in judo or kendo or whatever art they had studied.
- From his teenage years, he took a keen interest in judo and karate, Bruce Lee being one of his early heroes.
- Part of the early training in judo involves timing the slap on the mat to coincide with the impact.
- If you want to only train in aikido, judo or a specific style of karate, is there a school in your area?
- It is a fact that karate, judo, kendo, and iaido are much easier to learn than aikido.
- When I joined the workforce I was faced with the decision of whether or not to learn judo.
- Also, the practice of judo and kendo was widespread before the war and taught in school.
- There are not many types of sport with so many technical possibilities as is in judo.
- Anybody who knows anything about judo knows how important gripping is these days.
- The third method calls for your practicing with someone not as good at judo as you are.
- They also trained the police students who all held first or second black belts in judo or kendo.
- Lastly, the coach should maintain a good reference library on the subject of judo.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.