In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1frijol saltarín masculino
- The movement of a Mexican jumping bean will cause the tumbler to turn and toss about.
- Mexican jumping beans are grown in Mexico on a type of shrub.
- For more than half a century Mexican jumping beans have been sold in the United States.
- They had obtained a pair of Mexican jumping beans.
- The movements of a jumping bean are actually caused by a caterpillar that lives inside the seed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.