In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mono masculinoenterito masculino Río de la Plata
- As the man got to his feet, firm muscles were outlined beneath the jumpsuit's sleeves.
- They all wore matching dull silver jumpsuits, and all had shaved heads.
- Participants are being urged to get into the spirit by pulling on tight trousers or a spangly jumpsuit.
- The pale blue of the wall sharply accented their silver jumpsuits, as they tried their best to remain ‘incognito’.
- Their silver jumpsuits and oversized sunglasses added more flavor to the moves.
- We love jumpsuits because they are everything fashion should be: flattering, easy to wear, sexy and hip.
- This uniform is a lot better than those tight jumpsuits we wore back in the day.
- Among the garments are smart jumpsuits and form-fitting cardigans, loose sweat pants and comfortable singlets, and even party wear such as cropped tops and wraparound skirts.
- I had the cloths for various jobs and classes, brown jumpsuits of workers, white business suits, yellow lab coats, and an array of green service outfits.
- He wore clothing that looked like a cross between a tuxedo and a jumpsuit.
- They usually dress in stylish gray jumpsuits befitting of party animals.
- Dressed in an orange jumpsuit and blue rubber slippers, he started running.
- He zipped up the black jumpsuit and gathered up as much ammo as he could carry.
- Lauren has regularly used band collars, epaulets, braid, pea coats, aviators' jumpsuits, and military tailoring as signs of crisp, effective women's attire.
- Trade in her hideous orange jumpsuit for her usual couture!
- He was wearing a white jumpsuit with some weird silver symbol on the shoulder.
- One example was dressing hostages in orange jumpsuits to mimic U.S. treatment of detainees.
- Some changed back into their uniform jumpsuits, but most just stayed in their underclothing.
- I was dressed in a black jumpsuit, a black coat, and black pants.
- They are stocky guys with full-faced helmets, gloves, and yellow jumpsuits made out of some thick material.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.