In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)establecimiento universitario donde se estudian los dos primeros años de la carrera
- There were another seven from high school and junior college.
- By 1923 the center had evolved into a junior college, and in 1980 it became a senior college.
- We can't afford to send her to the polytechnic or the junior colleges here.
- In China these institutions are known as workers colleges, junior colleges, and two-year vocational universities.
- It has control of the development and administration of the Government and Government-aided primary schools, secondary schools, and junior colleges.
- Hood helped him escape a difficult home life and directed him to a junior college to polish his academic record and basketball skills.
- Well, I teach political science at the junior college, and I teach history to my students.
- The campaign will start in elementary schools next week and then be extended to high schools and junior colleges, the ministry said in a statement.
- When the public junior college was initially created in 1901, its central mission was transfer education.
- We meet just after she finishes high school and starts the local junior college.
- It was where I graduated from high school, went to junior college and met my wife, Deidre.
- I have taught courses in mathematics and computer science at various universities ranging from Stanford to junior colleges.
- All primary, secondary schools and junior colleges will be closed until April 6, an official in the government press office told CNN.
- His football coach at Peabody High School arranged a summer visit to a Lancaster junior college after he graduated, Hughes said.
- I can be eligible for both a junior college and a polytechnic!
- The scholarship includes two years at a junior college with the possibility of transferring to a university.
- I think it's encouraging that we're seeing more junior colleges teaching entrepreneurship.
- He grew up in Kansas City, attended high school and junior college locally, then spent four years in the Navy.
- There should be a smooth transition from community or junior colleges through course articulation.
- Over time, both a highly regarded accredited high school and junior college would flourish at the Beaufort campus.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.