In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(para niños de 7 a 11 años) escuela primaria femenino
- The old school is empty since pupils amalgamated with the junior school.
- Linked to the secondary school is St Katherine's - a 70 pupil junior school - and a sixth form college.
- Some preparatory or junior schools also offer scholarships, but awards for children under the age of seven are rare.
- Some 1,200 teaching and non-teaching staff work in 88 secondary schools and composite junior schools.
- One junior school advised teachers: ‘when taking children on an outing think how you appear to the public’.
- I went to a junior school on Every Street in Nelson and I loved it.
- Our aim is for every pupil in a junior school to go through this scheme.
- In public sector junior schools, there are 18 children per teacher in Scotland - compared with 23.3 per teacher in London.
- Others have a different structure - there are, for example, senior schools, junior schools and preparatory schools.
- He said the school's first option was its feeder junior school and then it considered pupils from other schools if there was space.
- It is starting in junior schools with a view to going into secondary schools within the year.
- When my sister taught at a junior school they celebrated all the religious festivals.
- Teachers at the junior school were said to be hardworking with every year group receiving good teaching.
- The second phase of the project will have a junior school, residential court, dining hall and kitchens.
- Neighbouring St Peter's School said it would house its junior school there.
- At the moment it is restricted to junior schools and the first year of high school.
- Berkeley Primary School was founded in 1930, originally as separate infant and junior schools.
- One of my schoolmates has a little sister studying in an Australian junior school.
- A headteacher is stepping down as her infant school joins forces with a neighbouring junior school.
- In 2000, when Flanagan was eleven, the local state high school expanded to include a middle school and a junior school.
- Un colegio estatal de Gran Bretaña para niños de entre 7 y 11 años.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.