In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1búsqueda de una prostituta conduciendo lentamente un coche
- A deputy headteacher's career is in ruins after he was convicted of kerb-crawling in a notorious red light area.
- Previously, anyone stopped by police for kerb-crawling would be issued with a summons, but under the new law they would be handcuffed, arrested and liable to appear promptly in court.
- The deterrents could well prove useful in deterring them from kerb-crawling and helping to make Goitside respectable again.
- What would a representative of such an august organ be doing in an urban fastness of Fife at 11.30 pm if it was not kerb-crawling?
- The MP said she feared that the plan to make kerb-crawling illegal could force prostitutes to disperse even more, putting their safety further at risk.
- When Milan outlawed kerb-crawling in 1998, prostitutes put on running shoes and jogged alongside prospective clients' cars, negotiating their prices.
- Patrols were stepped up as plain-clothed officers set out to caution men caught kerb-crawling.
- Police in Bolton are to crack down on kerb-crawling following the murder of two prostitutes in the town.
- Of the 256 men who have been caught kerb-crawling and have subsequently taken part in a course run by the police to stop them re-offending only three men have been caught trying to buy sex again.
- A strong warning has been sent to men who trawl Rochdale's streets for sex after four were caught kerb-crawling in what the police described as a ‘name and shame’ operation.
- It was not until 1985 that the law penalized the client for kerb-crawling, even though for many years it had penalized prostitutes for soliciting in the street.
- From the beginning of April the plainclothes officers will identify and arrest those suspected of kerb-crawling.
- The jury did not know he had convictions for kerb-crawling in 1994 and, the following year, for indecently assaulting a girl under the age of 14.
- What's the point if you don't tackle kerb-crawling and prostitution?
- During a divisional vice operation in the Listerhills area, four men were arrested for kerb-crawling and three women were detained for soliciting.
- A deputy head teacher has been suspended from a North Lincolnshire primary school, awaiting trial on charges of kerb-crawling.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.