In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Also, I did a lot more exercise than I normally do, and tried some extraordinary sports, like kick-boxing and water aerobics, and felt physically better than I had in years.
- I started Pilates, I'm doing tai chi and kick-boxing, and I've even done the saxophone to help my breathing.
- Reportedly he's taken a new approach to his training this offseason, involving kick-boxing.
- I've just started kick-boxing lessons which are a great help.
- He is also said to claim he is afraid of fireworks, no longer enjoys ju-jitsu and kick-boxing and is depressed about television shows containing gunfire, said the paper.
- She was tutored by many professionals to sky-dive, white water raft, handle any kind of weaponry and she was a professional in jujitsu, karate, tae kwon do, kick-boxing and tai-chi.
- Paul is quite sporty anyway and does kick-boxing as well.
- There are also many alternative sports that mix teamwork and individual performance such as kick-boxing or Kendo.
- Many certifications currently promote different styles of aerobic kick-boxing.
- Yoga, kick-boxing and tae kwon do, among other activities, are part of the program.
- The 20-year-old faced an opponent with more than 50 fights under his belt in boxing and kick-boxing.
- People patiently wait in a queue talking about topics including tree preservation orders and social security payments while enthusiastic kids in kick-boxing suits run in and out of the centre.
- Thai kick-boxing is a very popular spectator sport and is regularly televised.
- So I stopped eating fried foods and stopped eating bread after 2 o'clock, and started taking up kick-boxing, which is a really good workout.
- It is a fun packed routine using moves from kick-boxing, karate and aerobics.
- A kick-boxing instructor is appealing for help to raise cash so talented youngsters can compete in a European contest.
- A chance for martial arts fans to learn Thai kick-boxing is coming soon.
- John became involved in kick-boxing and self-defence as a result of a bad childhood experience.
- I've been into kick-boxing and karate for several years, and I practice one or the other just about every day.
- She told me last week she once did kick-boxing and was interested in taking it up again when she moves to Sheffield!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.