In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When Nick finds out that his girl is shacking with Morgan, he flips out and kidnaps her, forcing Morgan into a showdown at the local warehouse.
- No, but I've heard of martial artists being kidnapped and made to fight at gunpoint by bikers.
- When Winnie meets the Tuck brothers, Miles basically kidnaps her.
- He kidnaps Rebecca, and tries to make her love him.
- He kidnaps her, in a surprisingly old-school twist, and takes her to parts unknown.
- Then later I was kidnapped by a gang of four blokes whose faces I can still distinctly remember.
- That's right; he kidnaps people, clones them, and then plans to release the clones to overrun the world.
- Out of guilt, he kidnaps the baby girl and drops her off at the orphanage.
- It's no wonder the local Harlem crime lord calls on him when his daughter is kidnapped by the Mafia.
- His brother abroad collected a ransom thinking he was kidnapped by petty criminals.
- What if a radical Italian terrorist group kidnaps her?
- When a mysterious winged villain kidnaps him, you are naturally concerned.
- He plots with Dirk Hatteraick, the smuggler who kidnapped him as a child, to carry him off again and kill him.
- Harris didn't understand why she felt this connection with the lunatic who'd kidnaped her, but he understood what she meant.
- She turned on the TV, and watched as old men discussed the events of the ‘Kidnapper’, a nickname given to a criminal who kidnaps women.
- A lorry driver kidnapped by armed robbers and tied up in a warehouse said today he thought he was going to die.
- Hence, he concocts a secondary project to finance the first: namely, kidnaping his wife for a large ransom.
- Special refugee camps to prevent children being kidnapped by criminal gangs are to be set up.
1secuestro masculinorapto masculino
- Abroad, the risk of kidnap or murder has soared in many places.
- Details were released as detectives confirmed they now believed there was a sexual motive behind Hannah's kidnap and murder.
- Among those victims of kidnap, torture and murder were my own uncle, cousin and brother.
- He was given a life term for kidnap and other offences and has been behind bars for seven years.
- By accepting the mission, Charles is pitched into a world of kidnap, mystery and murder.
- The kidnap made front-page news and the conspiracy theories began.
- The kidnap was carried out without rousing family members or neighbours from sleep.
- So all of our staff, with the exception of kidnap, are on a 45 minute notice to scramble.
- Her parents were arrested on suspicion of kidnap and given police bail until last week, when they were ruled out of the investigation.
- A man has been taken into custody and has been charged with attempted kidnap.
- Currently families who compel their children to marry can be charged only with offences such as assault or kidnap.
- At present, those guilty of forcing someone into marriage can be prosecuted for kidnap, false imprisonment or rape.
- He pleaded guilty to three robberies, kidnap and one offence of aggravated burglary.
- Many of the accused are alleged to have committed murder, kidnap and torture during the late 1970s.
- Original charges of indecent assault and kidnap were dropped and Atkinson was found guilty of a lesser charge of false imprisonment.
- Not a day passes without reports of mugging, murder, dacoity, extortion and kidnap making it to the front page.
- Not that resort to violence and kidnap hadn't already undermined their credibility.
- Mason took the phone with him when he went on holiday with Miss Lucas the week after the alleged kidnap.
- At the same time, you want us to deal with terror, with murder, with kidnap, with rape.
- Their tactics of kidnap and blackmail shocked the world and I remember the cold shiver the very mention of their name sent down my spine as a child.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.