In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1frijol masculinojudía femenino España(con forma de riñón) poroto masculino Cono Sur
- Respondents rated the same five legumes (peanuts, kidney beans, split peas, chickpeas and lentils) that they most preferred as also most preferred by clients.
- It came with potatoes, garbanzo beans, kidney beans and green beans.
- The active ingredient in these products is an extract derived from a white kidney bean called Phaseolus vulgaris.
- You will need: large jar with lid, dried lentils, kidney beans, black beans, split peas or any other kinds of colourful dried beans, ribbon, raffia or twine.
- It involved two kinds of beans and one type of wheatberry - cranberry beans, kidney beans and wheatberries.
- I was newly pregnant with my first child, whose embryo was about the size of a kidney bean.
- If your staple food is kidney beans, try black beans or lentils for a change.
- In a large pot, sauté onion in oil until soft, then add tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, basil, bay leaves, red kidney beans and sugar (optional).
- Legumes such as lentils, black-eyed peas, soybeans, chickpeas, kidney beans, navy beans, pinto beans and black beans are lowfat, filling and loaded with fiber, protein and carbs.
- Brown basmati rice and dark red kidney beans combine with fresh fruits and vegetables in this colorful main-dish salad.
- Pears, apples, cranberries, dried fruit, Brussels sprouts, okra, cabbage, carrots and other types of fruit and veg all contain lots of fibre, and so do beans and pulses, such as red kidney beans, broad beans, chickpeas and green lentils.
- Baked beans, lima beans, navy beans and kidney beans are all good choices.
- Many enzymes are shaped a little like a knobbly kidney bean, with a cleft in the inner curve.
- This means I can finally get to use black beans and kidney beans in the recipes of choice.
- The farm, with 350 workers, is converting part of its 2,000-hectare area for conventional crops into land for organic soybeans, corn or kidney beans for export to Japan, Europe or the US.
- Foods that are high in fiber include black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans and many vegetables, such as broccoli and peas.
- Smarter protein sources for salads are chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans or even marinated tofu.
- The light broth contained onions, red peppers and kidney beans, along with sliced olives and Parmesan to give it some extra interest.
- At this time his body was smaller than a kidney bean, and just beginning to form limb buds - his future arms and legs.
- You can make it with minced beef, lamb, pork or chicken, or even do a veggie version of aubergine, sweet red peppers and red kidney beans.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.