In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1riñón artificial masculino
- A gastroenterologist, he was the man who invented the first lung and kidney machine for babies.
- In society, membranes allow many communities to benefit from things as varied as clear apple juice, clean water and kidney machines to more cost effective, safer, pharmaceuticals.
- The kidney had to be removed and for six months his lifeline was a kidney machine before another donor, a 12-year-old boy who had died in a road accident in Belfast, was found.
- In the past he joined with his employees to donate three medical machines to Waterford Regional Hospital, a heart machine, a kidney machine and one for the treatment of new born babies.
- One recipient is a 49-year-old lady who had been 18 months on a kidney machine prior to her transplant.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.