In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1abeja asesina femenino
- Fire ants are capable of doing more economic damage than another stinging insect, the Africanized honeybee, also called the killer bee, which spread into the state in 1993.
- But I can tell you what it feels like to be attacked by a grizzly bear, gored by a bull, bitten by a venomous snake or attacked by African killer bees.
- Some people are highly allergic to any bee sting, but a single sting from a killer bee will not kill the average person.
- Five people are known to have died from the killer bee strings since 1990.
- There's a giant killer bee on my arm and it's neon orange and it's tickling me!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.