In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The numbers on the right refer to the positions of molecular length markers in kilobases.
- Intron lengths are given in kilobases and are not drawn to scale
- This figure was used to convert subsequent contour measurements from nanometers to kilobases.
- The virus itself is a spherical enveloped virion, between 80 and 160 nm diameter, and has single stranded RNA of about 30 kilobases, the largest genome of all ssRNA viruses.
- The molecular weights in kilobases of the fragments detected are indicated at the left and right.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.