In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1kilobyte masculinokiloocteto masculino
- There are 8 bits in a byte, 1024 bytes in a kilobyte, and 1024 kilobytes in a megabyte.
- We used to measure data in terms of kilobytes and megabytes; now gigabytes and terabytes are the terms commonly discussed.
- The €50 package offers an upload speed of 256 kilobytes per second and a download speed of 1500 Kbps.
- We used a folder with 893MB of mixed data, with file lengths varying from a few kilobytes to tens of megabytes - 1470 files in all, some in the root directory, some in folders.
- By convention, when we say, for example, that a PC has 640K of memory, we mean 640 kilobytes, or 655,536 bytes of RAM.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.