In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1arte cinético masculino
- The practice of kinetic art in Latin America is heir to such European movements as Futurism and Constructivism.
- These mostly black-and-white works are widely regarded as key examples of both Op art and kinetic art.
- The exhibition provides a broad overview of kinetic art, a movement that seemed fresh and exciting for a decade and then fell off the map of the art world.
- For Brett, kinetic art is not just about literal movement; it also has a spiritual, almost mystical dimension.
- The goal of materially rendering the energy that animates existence was a crucial motive for several developments in kinetic art.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.