In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1reino masculinothe Kingdom of Heaven — el reino de los cielos
- the plant/animal kingdom — el reino vegetal/animal
- Its inward sign is the true spiritual kingdom: the covenantal relationship between God and believers.
- That said, obviously the kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom.
- The kingdom of God is the sphere in which he reigns - the place where his sovereignty and dominion express themselves.
- In its religious sense, kingdom is ‘the spiritual reign or authority of God.’
- The kingdom is the place where God reigns - where his will is done.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.