In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rollo de papel de cocina masculinorollo de toalla nova masculino Chile
- I grabbed a piece of kitchen roll and wiped at my eyes, nose and mouth.
- The most significant change to the way we shop for clothes is that we're increasingly happy to do it while we're throwing the week's washing powder and kitchen roll into the supermarket trolley.
- It is easier than ever before to buy recycled goods, with supermarkets stocking recycled versions of many everyday household items including bin bags, kitchen roll and toilet paper.
- I mopped up a large amount of the water with kitchen roll.
- Using a pastry brush or a piece of kitchen roll, wipe the inside of a nonstick frying pan with sunflower oil.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.