In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gatito masculinogatita femenino
- Please think about adopting an adult cat rather than a kitten, because a kitten is always assured of a home!
- We have been called out to rescue all sorts of animals from kittens, badgers, foxes and even a deer.
- They had just bought the most adorable little fluffy kitten.
- She let out a sigh of relief and leaned down to pet the kitten.
- Organisations such as the Northern Rivers Animal Shelter and the Animal Rights and Rescue have been inundated with unwanted animals, especially kittens.
- Domestic kittens are weaned at about 8 weeks old and become independent at about 6 months old.
- Reaching across my stomach, he stroked the kitten's fur as she continued to purr happily at the attention.
- Conflict among siblings is of course not unique to humans; you only need to watch a litter of puppies or kittens to realise that young animals also love to taunt and fight.
- Her kitten, Tigger, is black with white socks on his back feet.
- The Animal Centre will accommodate 60 cats and kittens, plus 40 dogs and puppies.
- A small, tabby kitten walked out, sniffing the air.
- Eleven out of 13 rescued kittens featured in the Advertiser have found new homes.
- I have nine cats, three of them kittens, and they all sleep with me at night.
- The black kitten meowed, and bounded up to her.
- I could the kitten meowing all the way down the hallway.
- Katlyn fed the kitten the milk and it soon fell asleep.
- In the corner a tabby cat is curled round a nest of her kittens.
- Grinning, he twirled his hand around the kitten as the tiny animal chased him, attempting to pounce.
- Every area of the sanctuary is full, with 54 cats and kittens, 35 dogs and more than 50 rabbits and small rodents all looking for loving homes.
- When I was 8 years old I had a pet kitten, Fluffy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.