- Before the captive kiwi were released the iconic birds had been extinct in the southern North Island for well over a century.
- However, after nine months - when they weigh about 1 kg - most kiwis can fight off anything but a dog, and generally live for another 40 years.
- The Taranaki Kiwi Trust has released five kiwi into the park already with a further nine on the way - positive action that may halt the kiwi's decline into extinction.
- At one exciting moment, several kiwis were calling loudly only a few feet above us on a hillside, but they never came into view.
- I find it amusing that the country's air force logo is a kiwi, a bird that can't even fly.
- The kiwi, a flightless nocturnal bird unique to New Zealand, is the symbol for everything from New Zealand.
coloquial(New Zealander)neozelandés masculinoneozelandesa femenino
3also kiwi fruitkiwi masculino