In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Junior's fruit platter came with grapes, apples, bananas and kiwi fruit.
- I find that sliced kiwi fruit look and taste good on the lemon flavour cheesecake.
- Good sources of vitamin C include peppers, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, oranges and kiwi fruit.
- Back in 1953, there were no avocados, no kiwi fruit, and not a suspicion of mozzarella and tomato pizza.
- As a guideline, one kiwi fruit contains about 50 mg of vitamin C.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.