In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mochila femeninomorral masculino Colombia
- I stopped to readjust my knapsack, then hoisted the hockey bag again.
- The second girl reluctantly produced a pack of cigarettes from her knapsack and offered one to the man.
- The soldiers, dressed in bright green fatigues with knapsacks on their backs, filed through Jean Lesage Airport to meet loved ones who cheered and clapped.
- The thefts have occurred primarily at the DP library, where unattended knapsacks left inside study booths present an attractive opportunity for thieves.
- He asked to see my ticket, and I crouched down to reach into the top compartment of my knapsack to retrieve it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.