In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1máquina de tejer femeninotricotosa femenino España
- He bought a knitting machine and worked from his parents' house.
- The company is investing in the latest #150,000 knitting machines that can produce single-piece jerseys in short runs for the very top end of the market.
- Today the firm has approximately 100 knitting machines, and continues to add more.
- On leaving school, Marjorie worked in several houses in the area before joining a small business in Twyford, where she became a skilled operator on the new knitting machines.
- Audrey got a job in the hosiery mill and earned $6 a week learning to use the knitting machine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.