In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nudilleras de metal femeninomanoplas femenino América Latina
- A huge array of weapons, ranging from knuckledusters to a meat cleaver and a Stanley knife, were used in the fight, which left one man with a punctured lung.
- It houses thousands of weapons, including guns and ammunition, knives, knuckledusters, coshes, crossbows and swords.
- ‘It was just unbelievable, we are still trying to get over the shock of it,’ admitted Richie Ryan, from Rutland whose lip was busted with a knuckleduster.
- As soon as he said, ‘knuckledusters,’ everyone in that restaurant brought out their knuckledusters and banged them on their tables.
- Mohammed Amjad, aged 37, was punched in the head by a man wearing a knuckleduster inside his minibus.
- Mr Lewis, landlord at the Three Stars pub in Trent Road, Chelmsford, was allegedly punched in the face with what was believed to be a knuckleduster while ejecting a man from his pub on Friday, February 11.
- Another man claims he saw Henderson punch a hooded prisoner in the face with a knuckleduster.
- Karate kid Roxanne Moss remembered all her martial arts training when a young thug armed with a home-made knuckleduster attacked her outside her home.
- The cover shows a football punctured by a knuckleduster.
- Unlike a knife or a knuckleduster, they're more easily explained away as harmless pieces of sports equipment when you're stopped by the cops.
- And throw away the bronze knuckledusters which you used to pulverize that man.
- A 19-year-old who used a knuckleduster during a fight has been given a community punishment order.
- He told the jury if a knuckleduster had been used it had not caused the fractures to Mr Najeib's nose and cheekbone.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.