In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The company raised 16.6 billion kronor last year by selling assets including computer equipment and offices.
- If Sweden does vote yes, the krona will likely be history by 2006.
- Skanska said its share of Gammon Skanska's earnings last year amounted to 34 million kronor last year.
- Only the South African rand, the Australian, New Zealand and Canadian dollars, the Brazilian real and the Swedish krona have outperformed the euro.
- Last year, the company began a restructuring deal with the trade union in a bid to cut costs by up to 14 billion kronor.
- In 2003, SAS reported a loss of 1.4 billion kronor.
- The phone unit lost 24 billion kronor last year.
- Each Nobel Prize this year will carry a prize sum of 10 million Swedish kronor, to be shared if the prize is awarded to more than one laureate.
- Month-to-date, the Swedish krona, Hungarian forint, Czech koruna, and Norwegian krone have gained almost 5% against the dollar.
- The price of a bottle of Absolut Vodka at Systembolaget, the state-run alcohol monopoly, will fall from 230 kronor to 160 kronor.
- Sweden is expected to have a referendum on joining its krona to the euro as early as spring next year, with a poll recently registering 50% to 37% in favour.
- Sales were 27.6 billion kronor, more than the 27.4 billion kronor forecast by analysts surveyed by SME Direkt.
- Old Mutual's other option is to sell some of Skandia's assets, like its internet bank, which is worth 4-5 billion kronor.
- Svanberg's comments were taken as a threat to move production out of Sweden should the krona be maintained.
- This year's prize is worth 10 million Swedish kronor, about $1.3 million.
- The krona itself has remained remarkably steady, consistent with Sweden's superior public finances and falling inflation rate.
- He was also ordered to pay 150,000 kronor in damages to Lindh's family.
- The prize is worth 10 million Swedish kronor, over €1 million.
- The bidders are charged an application fee of 100,000 kronor and then winners are chosen on merit as opposed to depth of pocket.
- A Norwegian woman setting up shop as a witch has been awarded a government grant worth 53,000 kronor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.