In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Other gasses - such as argon and krypton - can be used in the space between the glass panes instead of air.
- However, some windows use argon or krypton in this space to improve thermal performance.
- They attributed those lines to the presence of three new elements, which they named neon, krypton, and xenon.
- Consider windows that fill that space with gases like argon, krypton, or a mix of the two.
- Sometimes a mixture of krypton and argon are used instead of the mercury.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.