In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- However, Mr Murphy gave kudos to the Credit Union for organising the event.
- Even the staff at the International Plaza Hotel offered kudos to the conference.
- The lone conductor never stood a chance of subduing them, but kudos to her for trying anyway.
- If so, kudos to Neyer for being the only one to stand up to the guy.
- Now I have to give credit where it is due, so kudos to all those involved in the major drug bust on Monos Island.
- I don't know if they nailed him later with a credit card chargeback, but I say kudos to him for giving us all a big laugh.
- I'll give kudos to Kendall who has tried three times to get rid of him.
- If you are one of the few who have stuck with it, kudos to you.
- Still a win is a win and the champs will find a way to win when its necessary so kudos to Detroit.
- The voluminous and emotional responses ranged from kudos to condemnation.
- Lastly, kudos to all three performers for their spot-on character work.
- I've given out some kudos to Julia Baird and we all vigorously debated Miranda Devine.
- Also, kudos to Amy from Cooking with Amy for getting some press as well.
- So it isn't as if it is going to bring a lot of extra ratings but it will certainly bring a lot of kudos to the network that did it.
- Now on the surface this sounds like a right reasonable question to ask and kudos to the guy who brought it up.
- They again gave kudos to the organising committee, led by retired police officer Kyron Arthur.
- Good luck and kudos to you for taking an interest in a needy child.
- It gives equal kudos to Harrison, the man who spent decades creating the most accurate clock in the world, and King.
- Also, kudos to Terry Milewski of the CBC for fantastic reporting of this story.
- Still she performed like a trooper and actually did the shoot so kudos to her.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.