- The court proceedings were relayed to Amin in Kurdish by an interpreter.
- In 1988 he staged Mountain Language, a play about the banning of Kurdish in Turkey.
- It will also lead to private TV and radio stations being allowed to broadcast in Kurdish.
- However, most Kurds raised in southeastern Turkey speak Kurdish as well as Turkish.
- Shouts came as a Kurd legislator demanded the oath be read not only in Arabic but in Kurdish, as well.
- We will also fund the development of the blogging tool in Farsi so it may be used in Iran and in Kurdish.
- It remains a Kurdish stronghold with most people speaking Kurdish as their first language.
- It will have two main languages, Arabic and Kurdish, and will be a federal state.
- Turkey, for example, has abolished the death penalty and legalised broadcasts in Kurdish.