- One boy of 22 months developed severe kwashiorkor on a diet of rice milk and erratic solids.
- Children are more strongly affected by kwashiorkor than adults because they are still growing and their protein requirements are higher.
- Medication was sent over to treat diseases like goiter, anemia, kwashiorkor, and AIDS, and the people were also educated about their prevention.
- As a result, kwashiorkor, a disease caused by protein deficiency, is common.
- However, Baganda suffer from malaria, and children are frequently afflicted with kwashiorkor, a form of protein-calorie malnutrition.