In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1persona que está aprendiendo a conducir
- Easily the most expensive on test, this pack is supposed to be the one-stop shop for L-drivers.
- Lorry and bus drivers will be liable to a maximum fine of £2,500 and the new law will also apply to driving instructors supervising L-drivers.
- Over the intervening period we should enact laws requiring that L-drivers undertake pre-driving lessons in off-road training areas.
- The order, which requires all drivers including those accompanying L-drivers to carry their licences, comes into effect tomorrow.
- The Government is to employ private driving testers and provide special bonuses for State examiners to slash the backlog of L-drivers waiting to take their test.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.