In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1laboratorio masculinobefore noun laboratory animals — animales de laboratorio masculino
- laboratory equipment — equipo de laboratorio
- laboratory experiment — experimento de laboratorio
- laboratory test — prueba de laboratorio
- Once the virus samples arrived from Hong Kong the experiment and laboratory analysis took only two weeks.
- So far the discussion concerns laboratory studies and simulations and can be considered largely theoretical.
- Only a few examples have been described, all based on laboratory experiments in which a large part of the shoot was removed.
- Thus, the list of species studied in his laboratory ranges from planaria to mammals.
- The predictions of these models are in agreement with results from laboratory studies.
- The life cycle of the tapeworm can be readily completed under laboratory conditions.
- The summer programs at the various laboratories will run from late May to mid-August, fall programs run from August through December and spring programs from January through May.
- Much has been learned about sleep from laboratory studies of non-human animals.
- West Nile virus has been reported in laboratory workers exposed to infected animals.
- Save for contrived laboratory studies with bacteria and fruit flies, it cannot be witnessed.
- Competition is certainly one environmental circumstance rarely provided in laboratory experiments.
- The spectral variability of natural materials has been known for a long time from laboratory studies.
- In general, laboratory studies seem to be able to predict extremely well the behaviour of lichens in their natural habitat.
- This is typically an instance where people taking part in laboratory experiments appear to act irrationally.
- The concept of hormones triggered a new experimental approach in laboratory science.
- The US group was known chiefly as a breeder of animals such as rats for laboratory experiments until it bought Inveresk last year.
- Now I wouldn't want to be quoted as saying that animals that live in laboratory cages are having a wonderful time.
- Health benefits are often documented in laboratory studies of animals other than humans.
- Initial laboratory studies may include a complete blood cell count and urinalysis.
- We believe that the results of analysis of body fluids and laboratory experiments are obvious.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.