In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Among these species, even lactating females have been reported to switch locations as often as every two weeks, although usually within a small range.
- Such features may vary according to whether the patient was pregnant, lactating, or had recently terminated her pregnancy or lactation at the time of surgical excision.
- Encouraged by such strong findings, Carter and her colleagues began to look at how lactating and nonlactating women responded to the stress of strenuous exercise.
- Current labeling for fluoroquinolones warns against their use in children, adolescents, pregnant women, and lactating women.
- In Antarctic fur seals, lactating females do not return to feed their pup until they have replenished their own reserves.
- One source recommends avoiding the use of ginseng products in children and in women who are pregnant or lactating, until more rigorous studies prove safety in these groups.
- For most of their adulthood, they're either pregnant or lactating.
- Testosterone given to lactating females actually reduces their aggressive reaction to males.
- The two flocks each numbered 200 head, of which about 100 females are normally lactating.
- Even camels, the hardiest of animals, have stopped lactating and will soon die.
- Therefore, the longer the mother has lactated and the more menstrual cycles she has experienced, the greater the extent of recanalization.
- These mice could not lactate, but they were also protected from breast cancer development when infected by mouse mammary tumor virus.
- It can interfere with blood-thinning medication, however, and it should not be taken while pregnant or lactating.
- Most women of reproductive age spent many years pregnant or lactating, states that suppress ovulation.
- At that den, the three lactating females were observed providing food for each other and trading places while nursing pups.
- The oral administration of Bifidobacteria increased fecal IgA levels in children and fecal and milk IgA levels in lactating mice.
- Creatine should not be used immediately before exercise, and should not be used by children or by women who are pregnant or lactating.
- I had earlier posted a picture of a stuffed calf hanging from a house front in Mylapore, and speculated that it was meant to keep the cow lactating.
- The amount of each nutrient in the supplement was the recommended dietary allowance for pregnant or lactating woman, except for iron and zinc.
- I noticed in the shower that I had milk coming out, I was lactating.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.