In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ácido láctico masculino
- Doctors may prescribe an ointment that contains urea or lactic acid to relieve symptoms.
- Without these enzymes, lactic acid and other organic acids build up in the body.
- The bacteria consume lactose, a complex sugar found in milk, and produce lactic acid.
- Scheele also discovered many of what we now call organic acids, for example lactic acid in sour milk and citric, malic, and tartaric acids in fruits.
- The effect of this is too gradually calm down the muscles but also to help the removal of lactic acid from the muscle tissues.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.