- Many insects, such as ground beetles, hoverflies and ladybirds, can keep pests under control - but not if they've been destroyed by chemical sprays.
- For me, bumble-bees and ladybirds are not the only signs of spring.
- Useful insects include silkworms and ladybirds that predate upon aphids.
- There is at least one example where PA accumulated by aphids from their host plant are in turn sequestered by the aphid's predator, ladybird beetles.
- Like many of our endemic species of ladybirds, these beetles have handsome red-and-black coloration.